Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Post #1 - About Me - Rikki Moore



My name is Rikki Moore and I am a Junior BS/MS student studying Architectural & Civil Engineering with a Structural focus.

My background relevant to Intelligent Building is not great in terms of intelligent building itself, but I have done/experienced a lot of things that can be tied into Intelligent Building.  My background as a BS/MS student has given me opportunities to study various building technologies and building systems.  Furthermore, through Professor Mitchell's AE Design courses I have learned the process it takes to create a building and what factors must be considered in order to create an functional system within a building.  This background is helpful and important to have because it allows you to incorporate intelligent building such that all aspects of the building process are addressed within this separate type of "building".

Expectation wise for the class I expect to learn a great deal about Intelligent Building and learn how it applies in the world of engineering.  I am looking forward to getting into the individual themes posed for the course, especially within BIM, Sensors, and Robotics.  I believe that with a better understanding of how BIM applies in the Intelligent Building world, I will be able to expand my capabilities not only as a student, but also as an engineer in my career.

My initial definition of "Intelligent Building":

A building that uses the integration of technology in its building processes and functions that provide a more comfortable atmosphere for its occupants as well as provide efficient energy consumption for the building itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment