Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reflection, B7 Santiago Uribe


Intelligent Buildings was a very interesting class, I really enjoyed having all those guest speakers come in and talk to us about what they did. That was by far the most valuable experience I got from the course. I like the blog posts idea because it allowed us to express our opinion and things and also look into what other people thought. Blog posts could’ve been taken advantage more if we were asked to maybe respond to the comments that people had about our posts or something to kind of keep the conversation going rather than letting it dye right after you post your blog.

The two main topics of the class were interesting, each for different reasons. I enjoyed the first portion of the class where we talked about Building Information Modelling. I believe that topic is going to  be very relevant for my career and I will use the knowledge I took from this course on the subject. On the other hand I was not a fan of the Database discussions. Don’t get me wrong I think it is interesting to see how the backbone of the software’s we use really work, but I did not find the database tasks relevant to my career path.

The research project was a good assignment. Even though I picked a topic that doesn’t have to do with my concentration, I enjoyed learning about it. I think it’s important to have a wide range of knowledge in different subjects and the topic I chose (building automation) caught my eye from one of the first assignments where we had to research something related to Intelligent Buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment