Tuesday, March 10, 2015

B7 – Course Reflection – Hamad Al-Sulaiti

After taking this course, a lot of things have been learned. I have noticed by the end of this course that I have gained very valuable lessons that will best help me for my career. It is not guaranteed that I’ll find a job that involves the materials I studied in class, but I can guarantee that I will need to have an idea on how database system works and with a little background on also Autodesk Inc. products. The more I am involved with the different kinds of technology, the more experienced I will be.

This course taught me a lot of things that I have never used before. I have previously worked on Revit by creating a simple one-story building including windows and doors, but never experienced designing a furniture item to insert in that building. Having to learn more about Revit is going to be very helpful for me in my career. The more experience I have with this amazing program, the more options I have and the more I are going to produce.

Having several guest speakers sharing their experience as engineers was also very interesting for me because you get to know how to think like an engineer. It is also very important to understand how engineers should response to all different kind of issues they face. Talking about the importance of technology and future developments also motivates me for a better performance when learning about any of the computer based programs.

After graduation, I will be working for Qatari Diar Real Estate Company. It is one of the real estate companies that are involved in a lot of projects in 29 different countries around the world. As a trainee, I think this course would help me a lot if I am assigned to work in the planning department because the tools I would be using wont be very new for me. Knowing how database system works will also equip me with the necessary tools for understanding better how things are documented and shared between other parties. Therefore, I think this course was one of the interesting courses for me.

Comment on J Schwakoff:
Interesting to hear what you think about this course. We all don’t have to be experts in using Autodesk Inc. when starting to work for any company, but it is very important that we have a background knowledge and experience about the things we learned in this course.

Comment on Abdulghani Albaloushi:
Based on my experience, I knew what databases are but I never knew how they are organized. It was also the first time for me to deal with Microsoft Access. I was working with another program called FileMaker, which is made for mac. I have noticed that FileMaker is much easier for creating a database but Microsoft Access has more features to it and can let you customize anything you want. I didn’t know about all of that before taking this course. I am sure I will be dealing with that in future, so it was very interesting to learn about it.

Comment on Hang Wang:
Listening to guest speakers who worked on the field is also very important because it is going to give us an idea how it looks like to be experienced in the filed. You’ll also get an idea on what engineers should think about when having a trouble. Thinking like an engineer is very important in our career.

References:


No comments:

Post a Comment