Monday, March 9, 2015

B7: Course Reflection - Husain Ibrahaim

B7: Course Reflection – Husain Ibrahaim
What I expected?
Well, before taking this class, I was curious to know what “intelligent building” means. I was expecting that the class would focus in BIM only, which I highly interested in. I also expected to learn about some new technologies, but I didn’t have any idea of what they would be.
What I learned?
            This class is exceptional! I learned many things. Starting from robotics and how big the robotics industry is. I was amazed of the video shown where robots were building small building and that opened my eyes to the technology of involving robots in the construction side of buildings. In addition, the technology of 3D printing was an amazing aspect covered in the class. I really liked how this technology has a very wide range of development that may happen in the near future! Stating from printing small plastic objects, to moving cars, leading to actual large-scale houses. The material used in the printing machine can be aluminum, concrete, plastic, or many other alternatives and it’s under development. Furthermore, database topic was confusing at the beginning, but after couple classes, and after readings and guest lectures I really understood what a database is. It is not just simple file with tons of data, instead, it is much more creative way to store and represent information that may take a form of an app. Also, the topic of sensors was really helpful and amazing! I discovered not only basic types of sensors like thermometer, but really intelligent ones. The one that I liked is that measures the daily activity and based on that it controls the HVAC system at the house.
What I found interesting?
            The things that I am really proud of are that I have experienced Revit and MS Access in some details. That would benefit me in my future career and professional life.
Comments:
Bancroft:
I like your point of interest where you are addressing that the importance of learning BIM and other developing technologies and that its that we stay up to date with the current development of the technology.
Uribe:
It is very interesting that you mentioned that most valuable experience we got from this course is the presence of guest speakers. Also, I agree with you that it is beneficial that we respond to the comments.
Perdue:
I liked the idea of that you explained that this course helped us in enhancing the self-learning or independent reeducation.

Resources:
AE 510 course
Prof. Mitchell
Guest Speakers

AE 510 Students

No comments:

Post a Comment