Friday, March 6, 2015

Abdulghani Albaloushi - B7 - Week 10

This course has some good and some not so good aspects about it. What I liked the most about this course was the fact that we learned how to use Microsoft Access for databases. Before taking this course, I had no idea on how to use databases. I always thought that Microsoft Excel does the job. Most factories, retail stores, construction firms, hospitals etc. use databases to keep track of records. So I am sure this will definitely help me in my professional life. I think I can learn more about Microsoft Access than I have learned in this course and what I learned in this course is just the basic. Also, when applying to jobs, having experience in Microsoft Access is definitely going to be a plus point. 
Besides, many new sensors were introduced in this course.  However, I wish we had a field trip where we can actually see the different types of sensors.
The blogs were really helpful. It made us read what other people did in their projects. This helps students learn from another. 
We also learned building information modeling (BIM) and different BIM software.

Suggestions:
      I think it would be great to have this class earlier in the afternoon or the morning rather than having a 3-hour class.
      A field trip would really help students learn more about the different types of sensors and their functions.
      Keep the blogs, but assign the same assignment (with different topics) for the students. This will be extremely helpful.



 
Comments to Hamad:

I agree with you, having guest speakers really helped us understand the topics. Also, learning more about Revit will also help us in the future.


Comments to Schwakoff:

I agree. I am sure this course will help since your degree focuses on buildings. Also, guest speakers complimented the class very well.

Comments to Taylor:

Agreed. I am also an architectural engineering major with a mechanical concentration and I agree that working with BIM will be very important for us in our careers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment