Tuesday, February 3, 2015

B4 - Automated Home Systems - Uribe



My Research paper will be about automated home systems. In my paper I will talk about the technology in the present and also where the technology is going in the future. I would like to see what technology is currently available and what this technology is going to look like moving forward.  I will also focus on the technology in the United States as well as abroad. I will do a comparison and see how many different option this technology offers across the globe. I will also look into the economic feasibility of this technology and research the average cost of implementation. This will be done by looking into what companies produce this service.
Automated home systems can be a subcategory of what is considered to be an Intelligent Building. As this technology progresses, buildings are going to become more self-sustainable and self-operated.

Comments:
Alex dePinhoNunes: The comparison between green buildings and intelligent buildings is something that relates very well with this class and it’s also something we discussed a little bit last class as well. I’m sure you and you’re group will find a lot of good information regarding both intelligent and green buildings. It will be interesting to see how you guys decide to lay out your papers and what key issues you will be talking about. I would suggest including a section where you discuss how both of those types of buildings could maybe be combined to create a “green intelligent building”.
Young Kwang Lee: I’m not sure I understand your project. Will you be writing a paper? From your project description it looks like you’re saying that you simply want to learn how to use Revit through online tutorials and videos. I can’t picture the real deliverable of your project. With that aside, I agree that getting familiar with software such as Revit is very beneficial for your career, especially if you’re thinking about going into the HVAC field.
Drew Sivertsen: This sounds like a very interesting topic. The idea of creating a database that can identify and track the type of steel that will be used in a project can be very beneficial for designers and managers alike. I see that you’re already looking into A2 and it is good that you’re planning ahead. I’m just wondering if the deliverable will be the same for this project as well as for the A2 assignment. Or will this project just be the research component?

No comments:

Post a Comment